Friday 27 November 2020

Now Thank We All Our God

Thank you for keeping in touch via this Blog, especially during the days of both the first and second Lockdowns.

We are hearing of a great many plans recently that will take us into the future.  Our greatest hopes are pinned on the vaccines yet, in the meantime, we know we are going have to live with the restrictions of the tier system publicised yesterday.

One of my email correspondents wrote to me the other day with a request.  She remembered, as a girl, attending church after the war and singing (with great gusto) Now Thank We All Our God.  She asked if we might do this at AFC once this was all over!  Well, I'm sure we will sing that great hymn with equal gusto, but I'm not quite sure there will be one particular Sunday when we return to 'normal'.  It looks like it might happen incrementally and bit by bit, as more are vaccinated, our rhythms and patterns of much-loved worship and willing service to the community will resume. 

Now, from Sunday onwards there will be daily postings on the AFC Advent Blog, and whilst that happens this Blog will be mothballed!  It will return towards the end of the year.

Thank you again, Blog Readers, for sharing this part of the journey with me.

May you, this coming Advent, know God's blessing and mercy as we all 'wait' upon the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where your trasure is...

  I often use the phrase Seekers after Truth when I’m leading worship because I think it’s an honest description of where most of us find ou...