Wednesday 18 March 2020

Wednesday 18th March 2020

In view of current events I'm slightly changing the nature of this Blog.

Up till now I've tried to upload once a week with a reflection.

I'm changing that for the duration of the crisis; especially having in mind the folk at Amersham Free Church. 

The Blog will be an alternative way of me keeping in touch with you, as we won't see each other at Morning Worship for some time.

The challenge before us all is to do church 'differently'. And as someone said to me in an email yesterday, 'We can do this'!

So, I'll be posting much more often and most of it will be about our life together here in Amersham.

I know other valued friends from other places visit the Blog from time to time - please be assured of my prayerful best wishes for you at this time too. We are all in this together and the bonds of fellowship between us mean a great deal.

So, like all churches, AFC has taken the decision to close its public worship services.  I confess there was a lump in my throat and a wobble in my voice as I said the blessing last Sunday - I suspected it would be the last time I did that for a while.

Michael Autton and I, along with Matthew, are trying to put together a service which can be accessed via our church website.  We are fortunate in having discs of recorded AFC services going back many years and the hymns will be taken from these.  We'll add a contemporary Thought for the Day and some relevant intercessions. I hope you might be able to tune in - and hopefully it will be up and running and easily accesibly by 10.30am this Sunday.

In the meantime we have asked folks at AFC to phone, phone, phone.  My 'elder' phoned me yesterday just to see how I was and I greatly appreciated her interested. 

This morning the URC Ministers from our local area met at AFC, probably for the last time for a while.  It was good to share what each of our churches is doing at this time.  A really supportive and encouraging moment - quite an emotional one too as we ended our prayers with The Lord's Prayer and sharing the Grace together.

May you, today, know the blessing and presence of God in all you do.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter Meals

  Meals figure a great deal in the Easter narratives. The one in the upper room is full of companionship, although tense at times.  And the ...