Friday 18 October 2019

I've been archived!!

Every month or two we are delighted to receive, through the post, the current magazine of some of the previous churches where I've served as minister.

One arrived last week and I chuckled as I turned to the back page.  Under the title 'From the archives' there was a photo of me!  It came from the early 2000's and showed a group of us just about to set out on a Good Friday Walk of Witness through Malvern.  It was a super picture full of great people I once heard the privilege of working alongside.

I suppose, in one way or another, we have all been achived.  Technically speaking our 'footprint' must be on many official documents gathering dust in government and institutional buildings.  More than that, however, is the emotional, even spiritual, footprint we all leave behind.

Paul, the letter writer, sometimes wrote to those from his past saying, 'I thank God upon every remembrance of you...'.


As I say, upon seeing that picture from  Malvern taken early this century I chuckled with delight as I looked at the faces of folk who brought much commitment and joy to the companionship of church life.

Not a bad epitaph really, to be a good memory in a person's life, so when they think of us - they smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where your trasure is...

  I often use the phrase Seekers after Truth when I’m leading worship because I think it’s an honest description of where most of us find ou...