Wednesday 27 January 2021

Three reasons to be thankful...

 

AFC in snow last Sunday
No.1: I’m in a Queue

I learnt the other day that I’m in a queue, which I suppose is a good British tradition!  The queue is for the vaccine and according to one website, when I punch in my age and medical history, it tells me there are 16,545,782 people in front of me and it’s likely I’ll have my jab on Good Friday!

I really don’t mind this queue, in fact I’m just thrilled there is one.  As we passed the grim milestone of 100,000 deaths from COVID-19 being recorded yesterday we owe a debt of gratitude to all the scientists and manufacturers who are making this solution to the pandemic possible.

No.2: I enjoy a very old TV programme!
I also learnt on Sunday that I’m the same age as Songs of Praise; and I never knew that!  Back in 1961 this programme was broadcast for the first time from a Welsh Baptist Chapel in Cardiff.  It is remarkable it is still going and is appreciated not just in Britain but also in places like Australia; hard to think of too many other programmes that began their lives 60 years ago and are still on our screens – so Happy Birthday Songs of Praise.

No.3: Good people haven’t given up serving during the Pandemic
On Sunday, as we walked in the snow around the town, with the dog, we bumped into a church member with whom we had a brief chat.  She told us that she and her children were so grateful to our Junior Church co-ordinator and our Guide leader for keeping in touch and providing activities during Lockdown.  She told us that last Friday the Guides, via Zoom, were making Lemonade Scones!!  I too am thankful for such dedicated service, we have seen it all around us over these last ten months, and it makes our hearts glad.

Whatever we are doing this day, and this week, may you know the blessing and joy of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holding the Pole

  Yesterday we entered a new month as May dawned.   Traditionally one of those days we think of as marking a transition as we slowly make ou...