Wednesday 20 May 2020

Wednesday 20th May 2020

This week's Church Officers' Meeting has been moved to Friday morning because there is a URC Local Area Group Ministers' Meeting at 10.30am via Zoom!

However, there will still be a Minister's Letter published this week, written by Erna.

You might remember that in the early week's of this year we really thought that the Moderator of the Central Baptist Association, The Revd Carol Murray, was at the end of her life.  She has experienced a remarkable recovery, for which we are truly grateful and the letter below is from her; it was  published in the CBA round robin this weekend.

May God's blessing and joy be yours in all you do today.

Dear friends,
 
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your love, support and care since January. Now that I am home I am having time to reflect on what has happened and all your prayers, thoughts, cards, messages and visits.  They have all been fantastic. Thank you again.
 
Among the many messages and prayers has been the reminder of God's holding and faithfulness which has been so important to me to cling onto, and that continues in these very strange times we all find ourselves in.
 
As I continue to improve I am also pondering about the future and what is in store. I don't know as yet but I want to assure you of my desire to continue to serve you as your Moderator to the best of my ability.
 
Thank you once again and may God bless you and keep you in the palm of God's hands.
 
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Othering

  I belong to a couple of book discussion groups, and both have looked at the former Chief Rabbi’s brilliant tome entitled Not in God’s Name...