Friday 17 May 2019

Word Morphing

Word Morphing is new to me!

It’s the idea of changing a word by altering a letter.  Apparently, it’s quite big on the internet with open Morphing groups set up with a continuous stream of word transitions going on.

At its simplest morphing happens when you change a letter; so hog becomes log, or tap morphs into map, or when you add a letter; ate turns into gate, ice become mice and so on!

Every week I send my upcoming sermon down the tube so that one of our Elders can print it and make copies available at the back of the church for Sunday morning.  Last week was no exception, so the sermon was duly sent off.  Later in the day I received an email from my astute proof reading elder to say she had taken the liberty of changing the phrase: God wants to give us the foulness of life into…the fulness of life.  She hoped that is what I really meant!!

I was so pleased she changed it.  Yet in a sense that is the morph of grace that we celebrate in the new life Jesus gives us, changing the foulness of our lives into the fulness of life.

Well, I sent this week’s sermon off yesterday and haven’t heard back – so hopefully no morphing this time round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Othering

  I belong to a couple of book discussion groups, and both have looked at the former Chief Rabbi’s brilliant tome entitled Not in God’s Name...