Wednesday 8 April 2020

Wednesday 8th April 2020

We've just completed our third Church Officers' Meeting via Zoom!  It was good to chat things through with Janet and Bob and some of what we talked about will be in The Minister's letter, written this week by Erna, and due to be ublished tomorrow.

My thanks to those of you who have sent in a 'greeting' of about 3 lines (some with a photo, possibly waving) to be included in the 'Passing The Peace' document which will go on the website on Easter Day.  It's just another way of us doing church differently at this time and keeping in contact with one another as a community of faith.  So, do send in your greetings.

In my phone calls with members of the congregation I've been struck about how much 'contact' is still being made among us.  One person told me that as a result of their chats they felt they'd 'made a friend for life', which I thought was terrific.  And I was particularly cheered by Peggy's comment to me (remembering that she will reach her hundreth birthday next month) 'I'm looking forward to us all coming back to church, Ian.  I want to see you dancing up that ailse again and we'll all have a knees up'.  The only response I can possibly give to Peggy's 'prayer' is a heartfelt 'Amen'!

May you know God's presence and blessing in all you do today.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holding the Pole

  Yesterday we entered a new month as May dawned.   Traditionally one of those days we think of as marking a transition as we slowly make ou...